CALL FOR MODELS - http://www.facebook.com/events/206284189484768/
What is it? For Occupy Wall Street May Day, Art in Odd Places will create a MODEL runway on the periphery of Union Square, NYC, Tuesday, May 1, 2-6pm. We are all citizens of the MODEL runway. We encourage moving models, fashion, maquettes; walking theories, practices, contraptions, examples, and projects that will walk, sashay, promenade, swagger, roll, prance, play, aspire, run, jump, drop, tap, crawl, strut, parade, promenade down a 30 foot runway while modeling hope.
Art in Odd Places (AiOP) presents visual and performance art in unexpected public spaces. Art in Odd Places aims to stretch the boundaries of communication in the public realm by presenting artworks in all disciplines outside the confines of traditional public space regulations. AiOP reminds us that public spaces function as the epicenter for diverse social interactions and the unfettered exchange of ideas. www.artinoddplace.org
Where can I see it? Around Union Square, 2-6pm
How can I help?
1) Citizens, designers, performers, dancers, models, actors, theorists, workers, lovers, dreamers, and more to wish and walk the runway.
2) A crew of accomplished drummers who will create the tempo for the runway for the duration of the action.
3) Volunteers to assist with organization before and during the action.
4) Photographers and videographers to document the action.
5) Savvy new media volunteers to assist with live u-stream broadcast during the action.
Please email: email@example.com write ‘CALL FOR MODELS’ in subject line.
Photo credit: Artist, Edith Raw. Photo by Vivienne Gucwa